Page 1 of 3
1 2 3

Broadway star Nick Cordero has leg amputated due to coronavirus

Tony Award-nominated actor Nick Cordero has had his his right leg amputated after suffering complications from the coronavirus, his wife says.

Amanda Kloots on Instagram wrote late Saturday that Cordero “made it out of surgery alive and is headed to his room to rest and recover.”

Cordero had been treated with blood thinners to help with clotting in his leg, but his doctors had to stop the treatment because it was causing internal bleeding.

“We took him off blood thinners but that again was going to cause some clotting in the right leg, so the right leg will be amputated today,” she said earlier Saturday.

Cordero entered the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on March 31 and has been on a ventilator and unconscious after contracting COVID-19.

His wife has been sending him daily videos of her and their 10-month-old son, Elvis, so he could see them when he woke up, and urging friends and fans to join a daily sing-a-long. A GoFundMe fundraiser has raised over $200,000.

Cordero played a mob soldier with a flair for the dramatic in 2014 in Broadway’s Woody Allen 1994 film adaptation of “Bullets Over Broadway,” for which he received a Tony nomination for best featured actor in a musical. He moved to Los Angeles to star in “Rock of Ages.”

The lanky Cordero originated the menacing role of husband Earl opposite his estranged wife, played by Jessie Mueller, in “Waitress” on Broadway, as well as the role of Sonny in Chazz Palminteri’s “A Bronx Tale.”

On the small screen, Cordero appeared in several episodes of “Blue Bloods” and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” as well as “Lilyhammer” and he had a role in the film “Going in Style.”

The virus has sickened other Broadway veterans, including the actors Danny Burstein, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Gavin Creel, Aaron Tveit and Laura Bell Bundy as well as composer David Bryan. It has also claimed the life of Tony-winning playwright Terrence McNally.

Share this:

This content was originally published here.

Hilary Dwyer, British actress, dies of coronavirus

English actress, businessperson, and film producer, Hilary Dwyer, also known as Hilary Heath, has died after contracting the deadly coronavirus disease.

Heath’s godson, Alex Williams, confirmed her death in an emotional statement on Facebook stating the actress died last week after battling the virus, DailyMail reports.He said,” “We lost my wonderful Godmother Hilary Heath to Covid-19 last week.”

The 74-year-old had many careers, starting out as a screen and stage actress in the 1960s and 1970s, and then re-inventing herself as a producer in the 1990s.

The actress had her most remarkable re-invention in her mid-60s, when she won a master’s degree from Oxford in psychology and became an addiction counsellor, specialising in CBT.

Her first feature film was Witchfinder General in 1968, in which she played Sara Lowes, alongside actor Vincent Price.

In 1970, Hilary also starred as Isabella Linton in ‘Wuthering Heights’ and also produced films including Mike Newell’s ‘An Awfully Big Adventure’, Gary Oldman’s ‘Nil By Mouth’ in 1997, and a TV mini-series ‘Jamaica Inn’ in 2014.

This content was originally published here.

Emmerdale and Aliens actor Jay Benedict dies of coronavirus | Television & radio | The Guardian

Former Emmerdale and Foyle’s War star Jay Benedict has died at the age of 68. The American born actor’s agency announced that Benedict died on 4 April as a result of contracting Covid-19.

Benedict was born in Burbank, California, but moved to Europe in the 1960s and spent most of his working life in the UK. He appeared as Newt’s father in James Cameron’s Aliens and as “rich twit” in the final film of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises. He is perhaps best known in the UK for playing Doug Hamilton in Emmerdale and John Kieffer in Foyle’s War.

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear client Jay Benedict, who this afternoon lost his battle with COVID-19. Our thoughts are with his family ❤️

Benedict was married to Allo Allo actor Phoebe Scholfield, with whom he had two sons, Leopold and Freddie, who are also actors. He had one other child, Alexis, from a previous marriage.

Shocked to hear one of our most brilliant actors and kind lovely man Jay Benedict has passed. Married to my lovely friend Phoebe Scholfield #AlloAllo My heart goes out to her and her family at this sad time #PhoebeScholfield @FreddieBenedict #LeoBenedict #SyncorSwim #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/YJ7nn25ftv

Allo Allo star Vicki Michelle paid tribute to her friend’s husband, calling him “one of our most brilliant actors and a kind lovely man”.

This content was originally published here.

Pink Recovers From Coronavirus, Donates $1 Million to Relief – DemotiX

One of the most famous and most widely recognizable singers, Pink, 40, has fully recovered after being infected with the coronavirus.

Two weeks ago, she and her 3-year-old son Jameson both showed COVID-19 symptoms, but luckily only she was positive. After resting and receiving treatment, she feels good and is not negative.

Source: thestar.com

She revealed the happy news in an Instagram post in which she can be seen with her son. The post has more than 1.2 million likes and almost 50,000 comments. Pink has over 7.7 million followers on her official Instagram page.

A post shared by P!NK (@pink) on

Following this scary experience, she learned a lot and has decided to become the newest celebrity to donate a large sum of money to the COVID-19 relief.

Source: Instagram

Pink chose to give $500,000 to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund, and another $500,000 to the Los Angeles Mayor’s Emergency COVID-19 Crisis Fund.

This content was originally published here.

Derek Draper, the husband of Kate Garraway, is in intensive care battling coronavirus | Entertainment Daily

Kate Garraway has revealed her husband Derek Draper is in hospital battling coronavirus.

The Good Morning Britain favourite also has symptoms and she is self-isolating at home with the couple’s two children.

Earlier this week, Kate was checked in hospital for coronavirus.

She was tested after speaking to the show’s Dr Hilary Jones after suffering from bloodshot eyes – a symptom of the virus.

Kate Garraway’s husband is in intensive care with coronavirus (Credit: Splash News)

Kate tested negative and reassured worried fans it was just an eye infection.

However, she is now exhibiting “mild” symptoms.

A source told The Sun that Derek, however, has been in hospital since Monday (March 30).

Kate is said to be “sick with worry” about Derek, who is thought to be seriously ill.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kate Garraway (@kategarraway) on

“This is a desperate situation for Kate who is sick with worry about Derek’s health. He is intensive care battling coronavirus and she is beside herself,” a source said.

“Kate has symptoms herself too but they are mild so she is self-isolating at home with the kids,”

The pair are parents to son William and daughter Darcey.

Intensive care

“She is obviously off TV too. Everyone at GMB is so worried for her,” the source concluded.

Kate’s spokesperson confirmed the news and said Derek remains in intensive care.

“Kate’s husband, Derek Draper, has been taken to hospital and is being treated in intensive care with a confirmed case of COVID-19,” a statement said.

“He was admitted on Monday and has since tested positive for the virus,” it added.

Kate told Dr Hilary of her concerns (Credit: ITV)

“Kate hasn’t been tested, however, she has also been displaying mild symptoms, also since Monday,” it said.

As a result, Kate has been on “strict isolation with her children at home”.

Mixing with Prince Charles

Last month, Kate shared her fears that she had caught the virus from Prince Charles.

She met him at a Prince’s Trust event just days before he was diagnosed with the virus.

Kate said: “I actually saw him on the 11th of March. It was the first day he’d stopped shaking hands, and we did the namaste greeting at the Prince’s Trust.”

She added at the time: “I don’t have any symptoms, so I’m not blaming him for anything at all, but people are going to be concerned. He’s a man that meets a lot of people.”

Head to our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of our story.

This content was originally published here.

Andrew Jack, “Star Wars” actor, dies at age 76 of coronavirus in Britain – CBS News

“Star Wars” actor Andrew Jack has died in Britain as a result of the coronavirus, his agent said on Wednesday. He was 76.

The actor, who also worked as a dialect coach for actors such as Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, died in a hospital in Surrey on Tuesday, Jack’s agent Jill McCullough said in a statement.

“Andrew lived on one of the oldest working houseboats on the Thames, he was fiercely independent but madly in love with his wife, also a dialect coach,” McCullough said.

Jack appeared in “Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi” as General Ematt, as well as “Solo: A Star Wars Story” and “Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens.”

His wife, Gabrielle Rogers, who is quarantined in Australia, posted on social media: “Andrew Jack was diagnosed with coronavirus 2 days ago. He was in no pain, and he slipped away peacefully knowing that his family were all ‘with’ him.”

We lost a man today. Andrew Jack was diagnosed with Coronavirus 2 days ago. He was in no pain, and he slipped away peacefully knowing that his family were all ‘with’ him.

Take care out there, lovers x@RealHughJackman @chrishemsworth @RobertDowneyJr pic.twitter.com/fm5LevA8n2

— Gabrielle Rogers (@GabrielleRoger1)

Passengers arriving in Australia must isolate in hotels for two weeks.

For most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death.

Greg Grunberg, who co-starred with Jack in Star Wars, wrote on Twitter: “Devastated to hear of the passing of the wonderful, talented, beloved gentleman #AndrewJack. He is one of the kindest people I’ve ever worked with. Please stay safe.  Please stay home!!! #RIPAndrewJack.”  

Devastated to hear of the passing of the wonderful, talented, beloved gentleman #AndrewJack. He is one of the kindest people I’ve ever worked with. Please stay safe. Please stay home!!! #RIPAndrewJack pic.twitter.com/VqmmGkxaOF

— GreG GrunberG (@greggrunberg)

This content was originally published here.

Scarface Reveals Actor Faizon Love Has Coronavirus While Giving His Own Health Update

While the coronavirus pandemic is impacting the entire world, the world of sports and entertainment has been severely impacted, with two Houston Hip Hop artists becoming advocates for prevention and protection from the virus. Now, Scarface has come forth with some shocking news about the actor best known as “Big Worm.”

While giving an update about his own health during an Instagram Live with Ludacris, Scarface revealed that actor Faizon Love has also contracted COVID-19, but added that Love’s level of improvement is similar to that of his own.

Love, who is best known for his role as “Big Worm” in Ice Cube’s 1995 silver screen smash Friday, has yet to confirm to the public whether or not he has tested positive for the virus.

This content was originally published here.

CMA Fest in Nashville 2020 canceled due to coronavirus pandemic

CMA Fest 2020 canceled due to ongoing coronavirus pandemic

Matthew Leimkuehler Nashville Tennessean
Published 2:12 PM EDT Mar 31, 2020

For the first time in nearly half-a-century, CMA Fest won’t be bringing country music’s biggest stars together in Nashville.  

On Tuesday, Country Music Association officials canceled the annual event due to concerns regarding the novel coronavirus. Metro Nashville Public Health Department reported Tuesday at least 541 cases of COVID-19 in Davidson County, an increase from 443 cases reported Monday. 

CMA Fest, one of the largest country music events in the world and a summer staple in downtown Nashville, was scheduled for June 4-7.

The event returns June 10-13, 2021. 

“Whether you planned to attend CMA Fest for the first time, or you have attended many times throughout the last 48 years, we know how special this festival is for country music fans around the globe and that many will be disappointed by this decision,” a statement from CMA read.

The statement continued, “As the world is still greatly affected by the spread of COVID-19, we cannot in good conscience risk the health and well-being of our fans, artists, staff and country music community.”

More: Bonnaroo 2020 postponed to September

Sign up for our newsletter: Stay safe and informed with updates on the spread of the coronavirus.

Ticketholders can seek a refund at the point of purchase or hold passes for the 2021 event. Issuing refunds may take 30 to 45 business days, per the CMA website. 

Drawing around 80,000 festivalgoers annually, most CMA Fest acts perform for free in clubs or on outdoor stages. Ticketed events to see top country music entertainers take place at Nissan Stadium and Ascend Amphitheater.

The event, known for decades as Fan Fair, earned a reputation for one-of-a-kind fan experiences, with many artists holding meet-and-greet sessions or intimate listening parties. 

Funds from CMA Fest benefit music education programs, per the Country Music Association website.

Past years welcomed festivalgoers from all 50 U.S. states and more than 30 countries.

Self-described as the longest running country music festival in the world, CMA Fest generated an estimated $65 million in economic impact last year. 

In the coming weeks, CMA Fest organizers said they hope to announce future events and alternative ways to support individuals impacted by the coronavirus. 

“… we will continue to bring Country fans and artists together to celebrate the unique spirit and sense of unity that is at the heart of what CMA Fest stands for,” the statement said. 

This content was originally published here.