‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actor Brad Garrett says Ellen mistreating people is ‘common knowledge’

  • Brad Garrett called out Ellen DeGeneres on Twitter Friday, claiming that he knows multiple people who were mistreated by her and that it was “common knowledge.”
  • Both DeGeneres and “The Ellen DeGeneres” show have come under fire recently, with BuzzFeed News reporting that former employees alleged that the show had a toxic work environment.
  • Distributor WarnerMedia has opened an internal investigation into the workplace culture of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”

“Everybody Loves Raymond” actor Brad Garrett called television personality Ellen DeGeneres out on Twitter Friday, saying that her mistreatment of people was “common knowledge.”

Yesterday, a letter that DeGeneres wrote to staff regarding recent allegations about the culture on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, went public. Today, Garrett tweeted a link to a Variety article about the letter, writing, “Sorry but it comes from the top @TheEllenShow Know more than one who were treated horribly by her. Common knowledge.”

Sorry but it comes from the top ⁦@TheEllenShow Know more than one who were treated horribly by her.⁩ Common knowledge. DeGeneres Sends Emotional Apology to Staff – Variety https://t.co/D0uxOgyyre

— Brad Garrett (@RealBradGarrett) July 31, 2020

In the letter itself, DeGeneres wrote, “On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness — no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect. Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.”

“My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that,” she also said. DeGeneres did not address any allegations against her specifically in the letter.

Both DeGeneres and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” have recently come under fire amid allegations raised by former employees in multiple reports from BuzzFeed News. In one, former employees alleged that the show had a toxic work culture; in another, former employees alleged that executive producers on the show “engaged in rampant sexual misconduct and harassment.”

Ellen herself has also been the subject of criticism relating to her alleged behavior. In March, YouTuber NikkieTutorials, whose real name is Nikkie de Jager, said on a Dutch talk show that the host was “cold and distant.” In April, a Twitter thread soliciting stories about DeGeneres being “one of the meanest people alive” went viral, amassing over 2,000 responses. DeGeneres did not respond publicly, or to Insider’s request for comment at the time, regarding any of those statements.

News broke earlier this week that distribution company WarnerMedia was conducting an internal investigation into the workplace culture of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.” DeGeneres has not yet publicly replied to the claim that Garrett made in the tweet, which currently has nearly 2,000 likes. 

Insider’s request for comment, sent to several emails listed as DeGeneres’ representatives, was not immediately returned. A request for further comment sent to an email listed as Garrett’s representative was also not immediately returned.

  • Read more:

Join the conversation about this story »

This content was originally published here.

Courteney Cox Returning For Scream Reboot!

Courtney Cox Returning For Scream Reboot!

Courtney Cox returning for Scream reboot!

Just over two months after announcing that franchise veteran David Arquette would be returning for the highly-anticipated reboot, it’s now been revealed that Courteney Cox is set to return for the next Scream film from directing duo Radio Silence (Ready or Not) as strong-willed journalist Gale Riley (née Weathers)!

Welcome back to Woodsboro, @CourteneyCox. It’s going to be a SCREAM. https://t.co/KrV1ib465Z pic.twitter.com/uuHC3yMnZw

— Paramount Pictures (@ParamountPics) July 31, 2020

The 56-year-old actress becomes the second actor from the original franchise to sign on for the fifth film in the series after Arquette, Cox’s real-life ex-husband and in-film husband, signed on to reprise his role as Sheriff Dewey Riley in May and lead heroine Neve Campbell still in talks to return.

While plot details are currently scarce, it is being reported that the film will follow “a woman returning to her home town to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes.”

It’s impossible to fully express how much Wes Craven’s work and the Scream movies in particular mean to us as fans and have influenced us as storytellers,” Radio Silence said in a previous statement. “Kevin Williamson’s incredible stories have entertained and inspired us for decades and we’re insanely honored to have the opportunity to be a part of the cinematic world Wes and Kevin so brilliantly created together. Jamie and Guy’s amazing script does that legacy justice and we’re so excited to bring the next chapter of Scream to life.

The new film will be produced by Project X Entertainment’s James Vanderbilt (Zodiac), who is also co-writing the screenplay with Guy Busick (Ready or Not), as well as Paul Neinstein and William Sherak for Spyglass, with original screenwriter Kevin Williamson executive producing with Radio Silence’s third member Chad Villella.

The first film, released in 1996, was a surprise smash upon its debut, helping to revive the horror genre for the decade and becoming the highest-grossing slasher movie of all-time until it was dethroned by last year’s Halloween reboot. The first’s success spawned a franchise that includes three sequels, the first of which remained equally as successful as the first while the previous two saw middling box office returns and mixed reviews.

After years of struggling to get another film off the ground, MTV picked up a series adaptation that became a cult hit, with two well-received seasons from fans before it was passed off to VH1 for its rebooted third season, which saw mixed-to-negative reviews from critics and audiences alike, but was a minor improvement in the ratings from the second season.

The Scream revival marks the second major horror franchise reboot Spyglass is working on, with the studio developing a remake of the Clive Barker cult horror classic Hellraiser, with David S. Goyer (Terminator: Dark Fate) attached to pen the script.

Neve Campbell (Party of Five, The Craft) has played Sidney Prescott in the original blockbuster hit Scream way back in 1996. Since then, she became the face of the popular slasher franchise as she also starred in three follow-up sequels. The most recent entry, Scream 4, released in 2011 and grossed $97 million worldwide on a $40 million budget. Campbell recently appeared in Netflix’s House of Cards and the film Castle in the Ground.

The post Courteney Cox Returning For Scream Reboot! appeared first on ComingSoon.net.

This content was originally published here.

Snoop Dogg confirms Jay-Z wrote Dr Dre’s ‘Still D.R.E.’ in full

Snoop Dogg has revealed that Jay-Z wrote Dr. Dre‘s classic single ‘Still D.R.E.’ in full.

The track, which also features Snoop, was a standout song on Dre’s ‘2001’ album. Jay-Z is credited with writing the track under his real name Shawn Carter along with Scott Storch.

But Snoop now claims that Jay was flown into Dre’s LA studio, and that the ’99 Problems’ rapper wrote the song in its entirety in 30 minutes.

“He wrote Dre’s shit and my shit and it was flawless,” he told The Breakfast Club. “It was ‘Still D.R.E.’ and it was Jay-Z and he wrote the whole fucking song.”

During his Breakfast Club interview, Snoop talked about how Dre flew Jay-Z out and he wrote ALL of “Still Dre” in under a hour pic.twitter.com/9TKJHXlbq1

— GlockTopickz (@Glock_Topickz) July 29, 2020

Snoop added: “Jay-Z is a great writer to begin with for himself, so imagine him striking it for someone he truly loves and appreciates. He loves Dr. Dre and that’s what his pen showed you, that I can’t write for you if I don’t love you.”

He also revealed in the same interview that Eminem didn’t make the cut in his list of the top 10 rappers of all time.

“Eminem! ‘The Great White Hope’. White rappers had zero respect in rap. Let’s keep that one thou-wow,” Snoop said. “[Dre] has probably put Eminem in the position where he would be considered one of the top 10 rappers ever.

“I don’t think so, but the game feels like that he’s top 10 lyricists and all that that comes with it. That’s just because he’s with Dr. Dre. and Dr. Dre helped him find the best Eminem that he could find.”

Asked why Eminem doesn’t make his top 10 list, Snoop went on to list a number of rappers who he rates higher than the Detroit artist.

“There’s some n****s in the 80s that [Eminem] can’t fuck with,” Snoop continued. “Like Rakim, like Big Daddy Kane, like KRS-One, like LL Cool J … Like Ice Cube.”

He said “it is what it is”, but maintained that Eminem “did that to the fullest” and is still “one of my teammates, one of my brothers”.

“But when you’re talking about this hip-hop shit that I can’t live without, I can live without that.”

The post Snoop Dogg confirms Jay-Z wrote Dr Dre’s ‘Still D.R.E.’ in full appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

This content was originally published here.

Brewers vs. Cardinals postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests

NEW YORK — The coronavirus forced another change in Major League Baseball’s schedule, bringing the league’s total to eight teams affected in the first nine days of the season.

Friday’s game between St. Louis and Milwaukee was postponed after two Cardinals players tested positive for the coronavirus.

The league announced the schedule change hours before the game was to be played. It said the postponement in Milwaukee is “consistent with protocols to allow enough time for additional testing and contact tracing to be conducted.”

The Cardinals said in a statement that they learned Thursday night about positive tests from samples collected Wednesday. Players and staff have been instructed to isolate in their hotel rooms in Milwaukee, and the club did not leave the hotel Friday for Miller Park.

“The team is currently conducting rapid testing of the entire travelling party, has implemented contact tracing, and will continue to self-isolate,” the team said.

The Brewers and Cardinals plan to resume their schedule Saturday night at Miller Park, pending results from the testing and contact tracing, and make up Friday’s game as part of a doubleheader Sunday.

“We are supportive of Major League Baseball’s decision to postpone today’s game and look forward to playing our home opener as soon as conditions safely allow,” Brewers general manager David Stearns said in a statement. “The health and safety of our players and employees are, and will continue to be, our top priorities.”

Two other games scheduled for Friday involving the Marlins, Nationals, Blue Jays and Phillies had already been postponed because of an outbreak among Miami players and two positive tests on Philadelphia’s coaching staff.

The Cardinals played in Minnesota on Tuesday and Wednesday before a scheduled day off Thursday. The Twins hosted Cleveland on Thursday night, and the Indians used the same visiting clubhouse as St. Louis.

It’s uncertain if the Indians and Twins will move forward with their scheduled game Friday night. Cleveland planned to hold a team meeting early in the afternoon to discuss the situation.

A week into its virus-shortened season of 60 games in 67 days, Major League Baseball is scrambling to adjust its schedule.

The Marlins haven’t played since Sunday, and Miami’s situation has also led to schedule changes for the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles.

Miami learned Friday that another player tested positive, bringing its total to 18 players and two staff members, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made, said none of the Marlins has shown serious symptoms.

The infected Marlins left Philadelphia in sleeper buses Friday to return to Miami, where they will remain together in quarantine, according to the person. The trip is expected to take about 18 hours.

The rest of the team will spend the weekend in isolation in Philadelphia, where the Marlins have been stranded since their outbreak began. It’s uncertain when or where they will next play.

Officials were concerned that the latest Marlins positive test result came five days after the team was last together, when the Marlins beat Philadelphia.

To help make up all the postponements, MLB and the players’ union agreed Thursday that doubleheaders this season will become a pair of seven-inning games. The league announced the change Friday.

The Brewers have never hosted a doubleheader at Miller Park, which has a retractable roof. The last twinbill in Milwaukee was Sept. 23, 2000, against the Pirates at Milwaukee County Stadium.

This content was originally published here.

Netflix confirms fifth and final season of ‘Money Heist’

Money Heist Netflix

The news ‘Money Heist’ fans were waiting for is finally here as Netflix on Friday confirmed that it is working on the fifth season of the hugely popular series.

In a statement released on its website, the streaming giant announced that La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) will come to an end with season five. Netflix also revealed that season five will be shot in Spain, Denmark and Portugal.

Jesús Colmenar will act as Executive Producer and Alex Pina will act as Executive Producer and Showrunner. Cristina López Ferraz will return as Director of Production and Executive Producer. Javier Gómez Santander (head writer), Migue Amodeo (Director of Photography) and Esther Martínez-Lobato  are also co-producing.

La Casa De Papel Part 5 will be directed by Jesús Colmenar, Koldo Serra and Álex Rodrigo.

“We’ve spent almost a year thinking about how to break up the band. How to put the Professor on the ropes. How to get into situations that are irreversible for many characters. The result is the fifth part of La Casa de Papel. The war reaches its most extreme and savage levels, but it is also the most epic and exciting season”, said Alex Pina.

El atraco llega a su fin. #LaCasaDePapel5 pic.twitter.com/D3s3uE5CHD

— La Casa de Papel (@lacasadepapel) July 31, 2020

‘Money Heist’, the crime drama television series traces two long-prepared heists led by the Professor (Álvaro Morte), one on the Royal Mint of Spain, and one on the Bank of Spain. The series was initially intended as a limited series to be told in two parts. It had its original run of 15 episodes on Spanish network Antena 3 from 2 May 2017 through 23 November 2017. Netflix acquired global streaming rights in late 2017.

Netflix renewed the series with a significantly increased budget for 16 new episodes total. Part 3, with eight episodes, was released on 19 July 2019. Part 4, also with eight episodes, was released on 3 April 2020.

The series stars Úrsula Coberó (Tokyo), Álvaro Morte (The Professor) , Itziar Ituño (Lisbon), Pedro Alonso (Berlin), Miguel Herrán (Rio), Jaime Lorente (Denver), Esther Acebo (Stockholm), Enrique Arce (Arturo), Darko Peric (Helsinki), Hovik Keuchkerian (Bogotá), Luka Peros (Marseille), Belén Cuesta (Manila), Fernando Cayo (Coronel Tam.ayo), Rodrigo de la Serna (Palermo), Najwa Nimri (Inspector Sierra) and y José Manuel Poga (Gandía).

The post Netflix confirms fifth and final season of ‘Money Heist’ appeared first on ARY NEWS.

This content was originally published here.