‘Money Heist’ actress Itziar Ituño tests positive for COVID-19

Itziar Ituño plays Inspector Raquel Murillo (Lisbon) in “Money Heist”. Image: Instagram/@itziarituno

Spanish actress Itziar Ituño, who plays inspector Raquel Murillo in the hit Netflix series “Money Heist” (Spanish title: La Casa de Papel), has tested positive for COVID-19.

The 45-year-old actress broke the unfortunate news to her fans in both Basque and Spanish languages via her Instagram account yesterday, March 18.

“Hello everyone! It’s official, since Friday afternoon I have had symptoms (fever and dry cough) and today we have received confirmation of the epidemiological test. It is coronavirus,” she said as translated in English.

She clarified, however, that her case is mild and that she is fine, but COVID-19 is “very very contagious and super dangerous for people who are weaker.”

FEATURED STORIES

A post shared by Itziar Ituño (OFIZIAL) (@itziarituno) on

The Spanish actress advised the public to take the pandemic seriously as many people have already died and lots of lives are at stake. Ituño will be going on a 15-day quarantine, she said.

The “Money Heist” actress is among the growing number of celebrities who have tested positive for COVID-19 around the world, including Hollywood, sports and local stars.

Some of the stars confirmed to have COVID-19 are Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, “Game of Thrones” star Kristofer Hivju, Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, Idris Elba and NBA star Kevin Durant, among others. In the Philippines, actor Christopher De Leon and Sen. Juan Miguel Zubiri have also tested positive. JB

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

This content was originally published here.

Celebs Use Communist Anthem ‘Imagine’ to Promote Unity During Pandemic Caused by Communist Chinese Gov’t

Look, I’m not trying to crap all over the sentiment from some in Hollywood calling for unity during a time like this. Some of them may genuinely want that. But, others definitely know the what a song like John Lennon’s “Imagine” means. And like most politicians, they wouldn’t let a situation like a pandemic go to waste.

“Wonder Woman” actress Gal Gadot posted a video to her Instagram on Wednesday of various celebrities singing different lines from “Imagine” in order to promote unity.

Take a look:

A post shared by Gal Gadot (@gal_gadot) on

Sorry, but I find it a little ironic that members of what I’ve previously called the “Hollywood communistic cult” would sing a communist anthem during a pandemic caused – or made worse, whichever way you want to look at it – by the communist Chinese government.

And just to prove that I’m not wearing a tin foil hat in asserting that “Imagine” is clearly a communist anthem, take it from the words of Lennon himself.

According to Rolling Stone:

Lennon himself described “Imagine” as “virtually the Communist Manifesto, even though I am not particularly a communist and I do not belong to any movement…. But because it is sugarcoated, it is accepted.” 

Again, I’m sure a fair amount of the people in the video above meant well, but take a look at the meaning of what you’re singing before you do so. Sometimes a good song is a good song, but when you’re singing it for a purpose, the words mean more than just a flowery tune.

H/T: Breitbart

This content was originally published here.

Bandcamp to waive its revenue shares for sales made this Friday

Bandcamp to waive its revenue shares for sales made this Friday

Bandcamp waiving revenue will provide a massive financial boost for artists in a much needed time.

With travel bans, event postponements and tour cancellations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, artists and musicians are losing their biggest avenues for revenue.

In a world where living without music is not an option, finding ways to support artists during this testing time is of vital importance.

Online music shop Bandcamp’s initiative to help artists is commendable and should be followed. The company is waiving its revenue shares for sales made this Friday, 20 March.

In a statement, Bandcamp’s Co-founder and CEO Ethan Diamond explains:

“To raise even more awareness around the pandemic’s impact on musicians everywhere, we’re waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much-needed money directly into artists’ pockets.”

There’s no place like Bandcamp

In the statement made on Bandcamp’s website, Ethan Diamond explains:

“For many artists, a single day of boosted sales can mean the difference between being able to pay rent or not. Still, we consider this just a starting point. Musicians will continue to feel the effects of lost touring income for many months to come, so we’re also sharing some ideas below on how fans can support the artists they love and how artists can give fans new, creative ways to provide support.

It may sound simple, but the best way to help artists is with your direct financial support, and we hope you’ll join us on Friday and through the coming months as we work to support artists in this challenging time.”

So, whether you’re donating your event ticket, supporting a virtual audio festival or buying music online, now is the time to support artists so they can continue making sweet music.

Bandcamp will waive its revenue shares for sales made this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time.)

This content was originally published here.

Country Music Awards Special To Feature Stars From Home – Deadline

The Academy of Country Music will present a two-hour special on CBS next month featuring social-distancing stars performing from their homes. ACM Presents: Our Country will air Sunday, April 5 at 8 pm ET/PT.

A response to the many canceled concerts, appearances and the annual ACM Awards due to the coronavirus, Our Country will “feature intimate conversations and at-home acoustic performances with top country artists, along with clips of their favorite moments from the Academy of Country Music Awards’ 55-year history,” ACM said in its announcement. Participating artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

“Although the highly anticipated 55th ACM Awards show is unable to take place on April 5 due to the health crisis, we still wanted to deliver fans an entertaining ACM Country Music special as planned,” said Damon Whiteside, CEO of the Academy of Country Music. “We are thrilled to announce ACM Presents: Our Country, an all-new special that allows fans to connect with their favorite Country artists and to relive some of the greatest moments of the ACM Awards, all from the comfort and safety of their own homes.”

ACM Presents: Our Country will be broadcast during the time slot previously scheduled for the Country Music Awards, which were postponed and will air on CBS in September at a date, time and venue to be determined. The special is produced for television by dick clark productions. R.A. Clark, Barry Adelman, Mark Bracco and Amy Thurlow are executive producers. Damon Whiteside is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music.

This content was originally published here.

Film Academy Evaluating “All Aspects” of Coronavirus Impact for Oscars | Hollywood Reporter

With cinemas across the country shuttered indefinitely amid the coronavirus pandemic, a new issue has arisen for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which is evaluating “all aspects of this uncertain landscape and what changes may need to be made” ahead of awards season.

“The Academy is focused on helping our staff, our members, and the industry safely navigate through this global health and economic crisis,” an Academy spokesperson said Thursday in a statement. “We are in the process of evaluating all aspects of this uncertain landscape and what changes may need to be made. We are committed to being nimble and forward-thinking as we discuss what is best for the future of the industry and will make further announcements in the coming days.”

To be eligible for the vast majority of Oscar categories, a film must screen in a commercial theater in Los Angeles for one week within the calendar year of the year preceding the Oscars ceremony. The 93rd Oscars ceremony is scheduled for Feb. 28, 2021.

In the past week, the nation’s three largest cinema chains — AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas and Cinemark — shut down all of their locations, and some studios are now opting to release their product direct to VOD and streaming platforms instead of holding them for a later theatrical release. Universal Pictures broke the traditional theatrical model on Monday by saying it will release its upcoming animated film Trolls World Tour on demand on April 10 for a $19.99 48-hour rental fee as theaters remain dark. 

In the event that movie theaters in L.A. remain closed for a significant portion of the rest of 2020, then only a handful of films will have qualified for Oscar consideration — all first-quarter titles, such as The Invisible Man, Onward, Emma, First Cow and The Way Back. (For reference, here are the year’s best-reviewed films and highest-grossing films so far.)

The Academy may have to choose from several less-than-ideal options.

For one, the organization could move forward with its existing timetable and choose nominees from that very limited pool of options.

Alternatively, it could make a one-time provision allowing films to qualify for Oscars eligibility via streaming services — distributors’ own (e.g. Netflix) and/or the one created for Academy members — even if they have not screened for a week in an L.A. theater. (Adam Benzine, a journalist and Oscar-nominated documentary filmmaker, has suggested that the Academy could make qualification-via-streaming dependent upon getting some sort of assurance that the film would be given a theatrical release when one becomes possible, but this seems unenforceable — plus it would undoubtedly infuriate the theater chains.)

Or, the Academy could postpone the Oscars, something it has done three times before — for one week in 1938 when L.A. was hit by severe flooding; for two days in 1968 in the wake of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King; and for one day in 1981 following the attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan — and extend the eligibility period for the 93rd Oscars beyond a year.

There actually is precedent for making the eligibility period something other than the January-December calendar year. Consider the first six Oscars ceremonies:

1ST
Eligibility period: Films released in 1927 or 1928
Ceremony: May 1929

2ND
Eligibility period: Aug. 1, 1928 – July 31, 1929
Ceremony: April 1930
Note: Technically, it would appear, films released between Aug. 1, 1928, and Dec. 31, 1928, were eligible for a second year in a row. But no nominees were announced this year, and winners were determined by a ‘Central Board of Judges,’ who presumably sought to avoid overlap with the prior year’s honorees.

3RD
Eligibility period: August 1, 1929 – July 31, 1930
Ceremony: Nov. 1930
Note: Yes, two Oscars ceremonies were held in one calendar year, just seven months apart! This one was scheduled for November so that, moving forward, Oscars ceremonies would happen much closer to the end of the eligibility period, which was then July 31.

4TH
Eligibility period: Aug. 1, 1930 – July 31, 1931
Ceremony: Nov. 1931

5TH
Eligibility period: August 1, 1931 – July 31, 1932
Ceremony: Nov. 1932

6TH
Eligibility period: August 1, 1932 – December 31, 1933.
Ceremony: March 1934
Note: That’s right, there was no Oscars ceremony at all in 1933, the year of the bank crisis that I wrote about earlier this week. Instead, the Oscars ceremony in 1934 considered films spanning released over a 17-month period, in order to make a new eligibility period: the calendar year preceding the ceremony.

Ever since the sixth Oscars, the ceremony has been held in February, March or April, and considered films released during the prior calendar year — but there is nothing compelling the organization to maintain that timetable.

This content was originally published here.

Daytime Emmys Cancelled Amid 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic | TVLine

The Daytime Emmy Awards will shine a lot less brighter this year, now that the 47th edition of the annual awards show has been officially cancelled.

In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, “There are just too many unknowns right now, not the least of which is whether we would actually be permitted to stage an event in June involving more than one thousand live participants,” National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences chairman Terry O’Reilly said on Thursday in a letter to NATAS members. “With deadlines to make significant financial commitments upon us, it seems irresponsible to move forward as we have in the past.”

In recent weeks, New York’s GLAAD Media Awards were cancelled while the Academy of Country Music Awards and Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards were postponed.

“While we realize this is disappointing, this does not mean we will not be celebrating the work selected for recognition in our Awards judging processes,” Brent Stanton, Executive Director of the Daytime Emmy Awards, said in a statement. “Judging continues, and we look forward to announcing our incredibly talented nominees later this spring. We are working on some interesting alternative ideas for how to best recognize the honorees later this year and will share more details in the weeks ahead.”

The 2019 Daytime Emmys were held in May at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, Calif., and live-streamed via YouTube and EmmyOnline.tv. The last time the ceremony was broadcast on TV was in 2015, on Pop.

The cancellation of the Daytime Emmy Awards comes on the heels of NATAS already scuttling two other national events: the 2020 Technology Emmys Awards (which were to be held next month at the NAB in Las Vegas) and the National Sports Emmy Awards (which were scheduled for June in New York City).

This content was originally published here.